Designed for ease of use and reusable time after time, this low cost 4GB logger (easily upgradeable to 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB by the user) is the perfect "black box" (even though it's blue) for your AutomationDirect PLC or Modbus enabled PLC or device. Log current, voltage, frequency and any other parameter available from your Modbus enabled AC\DC drive; keep track of up time, down time, production reports, reasons why the machine was down; collect all the data you need to diagnose the problems that occur when you aren't there.
This is an inexpensive, stand alone device, with no complicated networks to configure or mysterious configurations to unravel. When plugged into a computer through USB it functions like a mass storage device. After preparing it with some easy to use configuration software, just unplug it from your computer and plug it into your PLC or Modbus device. Once plugged into the PLC or Modbus device it becomes a solid state hard drive collecting information, parameters, production reports, etc. all saved in an easy to use Excel ready CSV format.
Designed by a 38 year veteran of the industry with decades of knowledge, "keep it simple" is the philosophy - just an easy to use product that will help you do your job more efficiently.
Click here to watch our introductory video about the PLC DataLogger
Click here to read what customers are saying about the PLC DataLogger
Our DataLogger works with:
- Most Directlogic PLCs
- All CLICK PLCs
- All DoMore PLCs
- All Productivity PLCs
- Any device that speaks Modbus protocol such as PLC's, AC\DC drives, I\O modules, etc.
The logger comes pre-installed with its own easy-to-use configuration software and free tutorial videos to help get you up and running.
- Log up to 55 different addresses
- RS232 communication
- RS485 (single drop) communication
- Powers off of PLC comm port or 24VDC
- 4GB (user upgradeable to 8GB, 16GB or 32GB) allows roughly 148,000,000 records in CSV format
- 30 Day money back guarantee - if you do not like it for any reason, call for an RMA, return it in its original packaging with all items received in the original box (logger, cables, etc.) and we will refund your money once received back.
DataLogger Upgrade Instructions
- Purchase a 8GB, 16GB or 32 GB MicroSD card (make sure it is formatted with FAT32). (Does not support NTFS)
- Copy the files and folder from the 4GB MicroSD card that comes with the Logger to your new 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSD card.
- Replace the 4GB MicroSD card in the logger with your 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSD card. It's that simple.
DataLogger Sample Log Files
Logger to PLC Cables
The Logger ships "complete" with a cable that will allow you to plug it into the RJ12 port on the logger and the other end to the RJ12 port on the PLC. This cable has the same wiring and connectors as the DV1000 cable (DV-1000CBL). The C-More Micro uses the same cable. The RJ12 connector on the logger use the same pinout as the C-more Micro RJ12 connector, therefore you can use any of the C-more Micro cables. The cable included provides your communication wires and your power wires to power the logger from the PLC. No external power is necessary when using this cable.
If you need a new cable or you are going to plug the logger into a different style port on your PLC (such as the 15-pin high density D-Sub port on the 06, 250-1, 260 CPUs) you will need to check the cable required on pages 24 through 26 at: https://www.automationdirect.com/static/specs/cmoremicro3t.pdf
If you are going to use the cable that comes with the logger and connect it to the 15-pin high density D-Sub port on the 06, 250-1, or 260 CPU's you will need the FA-15HD adapter from Automationdirect.